Sunday, January 5, 2020

2020 Wow

OMG, I have not posted in years. Had to find my login and password to be able to log in.
I just picked up my cross stitch again after almost 2 years and it made me think of all my cross stitch friends that I have lost touch with since I retired and learned new hobbies. Once I learned to quilt and fell in love with it my stitching slowed down. Then when my carpel tunnel really started to bother me when I was stitching I pretty my pushed the stitching table to the side and left it to gather dust beside my chair. I never put it away but it did get push to the side.
I had CT surgery and found that the stitching still bothers me but darn it I want to stitch again, but will do it in short sessions not hours at a time. So I am back working on Death By Cross Stitch page 4. I am not stitch fast but I try to stitch a little bit each evening, when it starts hurting my hand I stop. I haven don't much in the few evening I have been stitching but I have done enough to make me feel good.

 Here is where I left off many many months ago.










Here is where I stopped on Friday night, not much but you can sure see that I am getting some stitching done.













I am also working on a quilt top during the day. I will be putting on the borders this week. I want to work on keep up my blog. It would be great to get back in touch with the ones I have lost over these few years. This quilt top sure looked better in my head when I was planning it but I hope when the borders are done I will like it a lot better. Stay tuned to see how it ends up.
Happy Stitching no matter what kind you do. 
March Ann


5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy New Year and so glad to see you back posting. Sorry to hear about the CT, hope the healing continues and you're able to get back to everything you love doing without pain. I've embraced the little-bit-at-a-time mantra with my stitching. Figure little bits turn into big bits fairly quickly.

Astrids dragon said...

Welcome back, so nice to see you stitching again! Sorry that you can't stitch like you used to, but every stitch counts.
I'm glad that you've still been able to quilt, it's very colourful!

Robin in Virginia said...

Good to see your post, MarchAnn! Your Death by Cross Stitch is lovely as is your quilt top. Sorry to hear about the CT, but hopefully as your wrist fully mends, it will be less troublesome. Small blocks of time are good. Perhaps a wrist brace might help! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Hey Marchie! Great to see you back. I've gotten bad about posting on the blog too. Instagram has spoiled me! I'm going to try to blog more. No promises. Your Death by Cross Stitch is looking good. Even if you just put in 50 stitches a day, that is progress. The quilt is gorgeous. I don't think I have seen you post a bad looking quilt yet.

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 KG less than us.

(And realistically, it is not about genetics or some secret exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING around "how" they are eating.)

BTW, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Tap this link to discover if this quick test can help you find out your true weight loss possibilities