Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Update

Yesterday was the January Stitch & Bitch at my house. Jan and I met for breakfast and spent the morning stitching. We worked on our LNH sal and as always she is a much quicker stitcher than I am but that's OK I will get it done.
Than I switched on my Mary Wigham Sampler for the rest of the day and got a medallion and half finished.
Around 12:30 we headed for our LNS. I got some needles and needle threaders and well yes I did get one pattern called Tavern Signs Too by Carriage House Samplings.
I have a metal rooster sign holder and plan to hang this piece from it when it is done, someday.

We met Sharliena at Chief Huang's for the buffet, all 3 of us rolled back to my house and stitched till around 4pm. It was a great day.

Gee how could I forget that Jan gave be a beautiful turned wood needle case made by her husband Sam. Thanks Sam I love it. And Thank you Jan for thinking about me I already have my new needles in it.
Happy Stitching I am off to work on Castles in the Air.

9 comments:

JessB said...

Very nice stitching. Keep up the good work.

Miche said...

Lovely stitching :) and how lovely of your friends husband wt a gorgeous needle case xxx

Gillie said...

What a lovely day for you all - you are a few motifs ahead of me on Mary Wigham!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great use of the day! Very nice stitching, and cool stash, too!

DJ said...

Aren't stitching days wonderful? Sometimes I amaze myself how much stitching I get done with someone to "encourage" me! Glad you had a good day...and your stitching is wonderful! What a lovely needlecase too! *Hugs*

Kristina said...

gorgeous needlecase :)

Daffycat said...

Beautiful stitching!

How fun to stitch with friends! I know I'd probably be running my mouth more than getting any actual stitching done!

Gabi said...

Beautiful stitching all over. Love it. The needle holder looks great too.

Yoyo said...

Some lovely stitching there and wow!! what a beautiful needle case your friend gave you.

Just popping in to welcome you to the Totally (with two L's) Useless SAL I see you've posted already, good for you. Looking forward to visiting with you. Hugs, Yoyo