Sunday, June 17, 2012

IHSW

Went to breakfast on Saturday with my brother and sister-in-law than hit 3 second hand stores. I was able to find 2 pieces off my wish list. Found a great TV stand to put in the living room and a bookcase for the guest/craft room. I'm going to take my time to get it set up just how I want it, then I will post some pictures.

When I got home I did some stitching for the IHSW weekend. It's helping me get back to my stitching and to make some head way on dear Herbie.  I also worked on my Quaker Welcome Sampler last week and will post some pictures of that next week.

Here is where I started on Friday afternoon.

Here is where I finished this evening. I have decided I do not like Jessica stitches. I think I am doing them right but I don't like the way they look.
I will finish up this half this half of part 2 tomorrow and work on the second half next week. I am way behind on this piece but there has been a lot going on with my retirement and move. Oh well I am happy with both of these choices in my life.

Happy Stitching All.  

5 comments:

Diane (di) said...

Oh my goodness, I think this is just beautiful. The colors, your stitching... wow! Great job!!

Minnie said...

Congrats on the finds from your wish list. Yours stitching as always is fantastic.

Karen said...

Nice work! I didn't used to like Jessica's, either - thought they were too much work for detail you couldn't really see. Turns out, the first ones I did were dark thread, so you did lose some of the effect; but change to a different color, and now I really like them, and once I get the count down, can do them indefinitely :)

Grit said...

Wow, das ist eine wunderschöne Stickerei.
Einfach traumhaft.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

great progress :D I haven't every done jessica stitches...