Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Stitch and Bitch of 2011

We met today for our first S & B 2011, as always it was a great day. Tracey, Jan, Karen and I had breakfast at Riviera than Tracey, Jan and I came back to my house to start our stitching. Sharliena couldn't join us today and she was missed.
I finished stitching a small freebie I started earlier this week. I only need to find a little button or charm. It is Happy Autumn by Homespun Elegance from 2004.  I found it stuck in one of my pattern books and decided to stick it in my to-do-pile. Since this is my year to work on some smaller things I pulled it out to work on. Oh course the picture came out a little dark but it is a sweet little design. There is also another pattern on the same sheet of paper called Happy Winter, it's going back in the to-do-pile.  I also started working on my second Celtic Knot on a table runner I worked on last year so it has come back under the needle. The Celtic Knot is the September 2007 freebie from Ink Circles.
We went to lunch at Chef Huang's then headed to In Stitches. I picked up two charms for my Stitcher's Welcome, knobs for my stitching frame and the new Cross-stitch & Needlework magazine. I love the Irish Blessing on front of the magazine and the 2 great samplers that are inside.  Jan and I also picked our next S & B Sal. We are going to start the Carriage House Samplings, Tavern Signs Too,  Needlewoman sign. It was interesting to hear the Patricia at In Stitches has done the pattern 15 time for fellow stitchers. Its a great piece and I have a great place to hang it already picked out.
Well that's all for this issue of S&B at March's
Happy Stitching everyone and see you at the Stitch In at In Stiches this Wednesday.

2 comments:

Gabi said...

Beautiful stitching. Love the Needlewoman chart. What a great chart to choose for a sal.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great stitching!

May I suggest Orange Glow Wood Cleaner and Polish for your table. Not the one for wood floors, but this one. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002PBRZNC/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=286168&s=garden

You may have to look around a bit for it, but it's worth it!