Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome 1st stitching finish of 2011


Here is my first stitching finish for 2011. I will find a rustic frame for it next week. I am thinking of doing a collection of stitched Welcome pieces. I already have the Wiehenburg Welcome Sampler in my to- do -box to work on this year. So two is the start of a collection right, I think so.

This table has been around in our family as long as I can remember. My Uncle Bob brought it from oversea when I was a toddler I think. Over the years the top had warped and some of the inlaid ivory on top has been lost but it was still a great table. The top and body are two pieaces and the base is hinged so it can be folded up out of the way. I am sorry to say that when I moved in with Mom in 1999 I stuck it out in the shed and forgot about it. I don't know why but I was thinking about it last Friday and dug it out to bring inside. All I have done so far is spray it with bug kill (just in case) and brushed the cobwebs and some other dirt off it. I was really surprised to see it looks like the top is not as warped as I remember, that makes me happy. I plan to get some good wood cleaner and maybe a wood sealer. I am bringing this little table back into my world.
Happy Stitching everyone.

2 comments:

JessB said...

Nice work. I think that sounds like a collection- :) That is a pretty table too.

On a different topic, since you are in Alexandria, do you know anyone who does framing? I am in DC.

I am going to have July finished as a small ornament. I am doing the whole year series by LK, each as an ornament. I want to set up a seasonal shelf like Rene had.

Ziggyeor said...

Yeah on the first finish! That table looks really cool. Have fun fixing it up.