Saturday, January 4, 2014

Long Over Due Update

Belayed Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all my stitching friends. I didn't realize that I had not posted in over a month. 

I have done a little cross stitching and finished my Quaker Welcome Sampler. I am leaving it horizontal instead of switching it back to vertical as it was designed. After looking at it when I finished the last medallion I decided to leave it alone. I don't want to take out the letters I already stitched on the 40 count very thin linen. I started this piece October 30th 2011 and finished it today January 4th 2014. 

I plan to work on my Pot 4 Dickie next to get it finished than slowing work through the rest of my Cross Stitching WIPS. 2014 is going to be a great year for Cross Stitch Finishes. 

I have finished my quilting class and will post the finished sampler quilt/wall hanging as soon as I finish the binding. That is hand sewn and thing just keep interrupting.  Oh, OK I have been reading and sewing in the sewing room instead. 
I put the first border on my One Block Wonder Quilt.


 I made a Christmas Table topper from some scrape blocks and material from Gail as a present for my friend Pamela. I spent Christmas in Tallahassee with her this year. 



 I have also cut out and sewn together the baby quilt for my Great Nephew Bentley Dean Holton due in April. Between my sister and I we picked material that represents both parents and their new son.  I will also be doing a quilt for each of my grandson's Jacob and Roy over the next few months. 

I am really getting into quilting and am making many many material scraps so I can make some scrap quilts too. I am collecting my material scraps and my friend Gail is giving me her quilting scraps too so my material tub is filling up fast. 

Sorry this has been so long but I wanted to include all my sewing goody's. I will try to post more often this year. I may get quilting top heavy but I will include my cross stitch too. 
Happy Stitching Everyone and have a great 2014


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the 'welcome' stitching... and the quilting is beautiful.

llknbillburg said...

Wonderful to see you again! Your finish is lovely. And it is great to have a passion for your craft no matter which one it is! Happy stitching, Laura

Manuela said...

Your welcome quaker looks fantastic.

Greetings, Manuela

Susan said...

Congratulations on finishing your Welcome sampler. All of your quilts are great, but really like "one block" one.