Saturday, November 30, 2013

After Thanksgiving Stitching and Quilting update

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, mine was spent with my brother and his wife. We went out for dinner, no cooking or cleaning up just good food. 
Since last update I have done some stitching and some quilting and wanted to share. 
On the quilting front I finished the November block of the month. Don't know why it's called Block of the Month since it's many blocks put together but I will go with BOM. 
November Block

October and November Blocks together
It's going to be very colorful that is for sure but I am learning as I go and I like it so far. 

On the cross stitch front I have a few more things stitched on my Quaker Welcome, I hope to get it finished this weekend since I didn't stitch on it last week like I planned. Only three medallions to finish and then I will have to go back and redo the lettering. I think it will look better vertical instead of horizontal like I was planing. If I had thought to change around a few of the smaller designs I would have been alright but it's not going to look right horizontal with out making more changes and I am not doing it. 


 
I will post a picture when it is finished and pressed in the next update. I will also show you the finale choice for the One Block Wonder Quilt. I will be working on it next week and should have the top sewn together in a few more days now that I have the final placement of the hexies worked out. 

Happy Stitching Everyone. 

2 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

beautiful looking quilt, love the colours - the quaker is looking pretty too. - Amanda

Susan said...

Your quilt is looking great. Cheering you on to a finish with your Welcome.