Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I'm Back from vacation

I am back from my vacation to Virginia and visiting my family. I started out with a overnight stop in Gastonia NC and a trip to Mary Jo's Cloth Store.  Spent $20 over my budget but got Mary Jo's bucks that I went back and spent. Got a Thread Stand for my thread cones for 58 cents. 
I went on to Danville Virginia to attend my nieces graduation for her MBA from Averett University. Here is Ashlea with her sister Kelli. I am very proud of the wonderful women they have become. 


Than I went on to Stafford to spend time with my sister Janet and her family. I also got to see my sister Lulu and her family too. It was great to see them since I always seem to miss her on my trips north. Next time I hope to get down to see her new house. 
The purchase from my trip



I also drove up to Alexandria a couple of times and was able to visit with some dear friends. They all know me so well. Karen and I went to Hancock Fabric (which is going out of business) for fabric on Thursday than on Monday I went back with Jan and Lynn.
I also stopped by In Stitches with Jan and Lynn and purchased 3 cross stitch patterns. I love Long Dog Sampler patterns. They just really called to me as I walked around my favorite cross stitch store. I really love this great shop and the people that run it and work there.
I didn't get much sewing done while at Janet's but I did finish two small market bags for I had prepped before I left home. One was for Janet and the other was for Kristy.

And last but not least is a picture of my great nephew Brentley. I got to spend a lot of time with him watching Paw Patrol. Here he is trying to get the remote to find cartoons. My sister has Infinity and you can talk to the remote. He just kept saying Watch Watch to the remote, I know it looks like he's eating it but he's not. Ok he's two and a real love bug. They are staying at my sister's until they close on there house in Norfolk this week.

No comments: