Saturday, July 2, 2016

Death by Cross Stitch and quilting update

July 1st and Death by Cross Stitch is on the frame and its first 225 stitches done on the 40 count Antique White  New Castel linen. I am using 1 strand of black floss over 2 threads. Didn't get very far last night but I did get it started.

Finished Richard's quilt and will get it in the mail Tuesday. It turned out great and twice as great since I used his shirts for the plaids with an unbleached muslin. The backing is extra cool since Richard's newest thing is cutting wood with a sawmill. When I saw this cut log fabric I knew it was just right. I also used the flange binding and a border of extra pieces of the shirts I cut for the blocks. 

My Villa exterior was painted this week and I choose this Autumn Spice for my front door. When the painter took the numbers off the door they didn't scrap off all the old paint that was left. They just painted over it. So I quilted this orphan block and it now lives on my front door. 

1 comment:

Mike Raven said...

Oh my word, death by cross stitch, what an awesome name :D