Saturday, August 20, 2016

It's been a while

Goodness its been just shy of 2 months since I posted to my blog. Almost 4 weeks of that was spent helping out at my sister Janet's in Virginia. She broke her tibia and tore 3 ligaments in her ankle. She had surgery for a plate and screws put in her ankle and will be off her feet for 6 to 8 weeks. I hated to leave her but she and her hubby Richard had it under control. 
I didn't do hardly any sewing while I was there and seem to have lost my quilting mojo when I got back home. I have slowly been getting my mojo back thank goodness. In the last two weeks I have finished two throws and am working my way through the Splendid Sampler blocks that I missed. 
JD's Birthday Throw

Brentley's Kevin Throw, just because Brentley is my buddy.
Here are a few of the TSS blocks that I have done since I got home. I just have a few more and I will be caught up. 
 9 of these are regular blocks and 2 are bonus blocks. There are many different styles of needlework in this quilt, as these block show. These block cover piecing, paper foundation piecing, raw edge applique and embroidery. I am not crazy about some of the styles but I am doing each block as it comes. Some of the styles I may never do again but at least I am giving each of the a try. 

 

 

 


And tonight I worked on Death by Cross Stitch for a couple of hours. It's so big it is very awkward to hold onto and my arms get pretty tired while I am stitching.




Happy Stitching everyone and I will try to post more often. 

No comments: