Friday, December 8, 2017

Oh My Goodness It's been a while

OMG I haven't posted on here since July and I a not going to post all the sewing I have been doing since then. I am just going to post a few things and try to do better. 
My sister Janet is on GrandBaby watch as I type this. Anna Grace will be here sometime in the next week. At least that's what the Midwife told my niece Ashlea today. Of course Virginia is going to have snow over the next few days. So we are standing by waiting to hear any news. 

I have been seeing many many quilt patterns I want to try, so many that I can't decide what I want to do. I have seen one call either DNA tree or Twisty Pole that I wanted to try but I am not willing to pay $10 or $12 for a pattern. So I decided to figure it out on my own. It came out pretty good and I will make it a long table runner. I'm going to put green borders on it and call it done. I like how it turned out and it was much easier then I thought.


I also wanted to make a Freaky Frenzy table runner but didn't want to buy the pattern or take a class and only make one of them. I searched the Internet, found free instructions and picked so fabric I was given but would never use. Or at least I didn't think I would ever use it but now I love it. Here is my Freaky Frenzy table runner. I will finish this one and it will go on my table after the holidays.


For now my table is dressed for the holidays with a set of place-mats I designed and made and a small table topper. I am really enjoying making all these different projects. 


I also made a round table topper for one of my sisters. She never told me what size or color so she is getting black and white.


Happy Holidays Everyone and Happy Stitching. 







1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

They all look great! I wish I knew how to quilt, but that would mean using a sewing machine... I'll just appreciate yours!