Friday, September 3, 2010


I have been thinking about my God Mother a lot the last few days. All the kids called her Boo Boo and I loved her to death. I spent may may weekends with her while my parents took care of my younger twin sisters. I stitched one of my first big project for her, it was the Pentagon. She worked there for 30 years before she retired back in the 70's and that is where she met my mother in 1942. The last time I saw her was in a nursing home in Erwin Tennessee. She had completely slipped into another world of her own but this piece was still near her on the wall beside her bed. I don't know what happened to it when she pasted away but I know in my heart she really enjoyed. So I never regretted stitching it for her but I will never do another project with so many straight lines or angles. This is the only picture I have of The Pentagon but I will alway keep the pattern even if it always stays in my stash.
Happy Stitching

No comments: