Sunday, July 19, 2015

Quilting Update 7/19

Heather's quilt is finished, I completed the quilting and the binding is sewn in place. I tried a flange binding and it turned out beautifully. I will be using this machine binding on most of  my quilts from now on.


I have also started my 2015 Leader and Ender Challenge. This year Bonnie Hunter picked a tumble quilt for the leader and ender challenge and I am going to be doing this one. I have cut many many 2 1/2 inch tumble's from my scraps. I am mixing some of my de-bone shirts and many of my other fabrics to make these tumbles. Over the next many months I will be using this tumbles at the beginning and ending of my piecing. 


my 1st tumble row
1850's Tumbler Quilt via Quiltville's Quips & Snips.I like the layout of the tumble's in this picture and will mostly use it for my quilt. 




Block 27 and 15
 I also finished lesson 9 of my Aim for Accuracy II.

blocks being joined in lesson 9


lesson 9 joining blocks

3 comments:

Jan said...

Okay, can I just say that I love everything? Absolutely wonderful work.

Minnie said...

Love you quilting, you are really become an expert.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I am a new follower of your Blog - I too have a Blog and I would love for you to become a follower of my Blog. Here is the link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I too am a Quilter - right now I am making a Spider Web Quilt - I can only handle one quilt at a time...LOL...If you go to my Blog you will see a Triangle that I made for my Spider Web Quilt and the explanation is on there as well too as to how many triangles it takes to make one Spider Web Quilt Block. I am working on my 15th Spider Web Quilt Block. Its going to be a Twin Size Quilt for my Bed. I have about 15 more to do yet and than I should be able to put them together and get the Quilt made. I also do counted cross stitch as well.

Your Quilts are just beautiful....I love your Tumbles Quilt Pieces...they are so pretty and so very colorful.

I just love looking at Quilts and see the process of making them on Quilt Blogs.

I am on my Second Quilt now - I made my first Quilt several years ago and I had good excellent help in making it. I did all of the work myself and I am so very proud of myself for doing it all on my own and the way I wanted it done. I even hand quilted it too.

Keen on with your beautiful Quilting...I love to drool over your Quilts and how you make them.

Happy Quilting
Linda K