Saturday, April 2, 2016

Owls on SW 93rd Street

Spent all this rainy day in the quilt room and will do it again tomorrow. I jumped around from project to project today and loved it. First I was trying to figure out the sized for this Half Square Triangle quilt I saw on Pinterest. I can't find a pattern for it so I am going to figure it out myself. Don't know if I will every make it but it has taken up space in my brain and I can't get it out till I figure it out. I have the middle block of pinwheels figured out and the size for the rows of half square triangle that come next. Than there is a row of bigger pinwheels and I think I figured those out but its the biggest pinwheels I am having trouble with. Everything is doubled in the next set of blocks but that's not working for the biggest pinwheels. Can't figure out the size. I have made 3 different sizes and none of them where right. Had to go on to something else before the blocks flew across the room. 


So next I did my Thursday block for The Splendid Sampler. This one is Flying High by Janet Clare. The gulls were raw edge applique. Another new thing for me to try. 


Than I cut out my fabric for a Zippered Market Bag we are making at out Sew Much Fun group on Wednesday. Than I made 4 medium blocks for my Random Boxes quilt. 
And last but not least I made this wall hanging with one of the Owl panels I got last week in Crystal River. I think it turned out pretty good but I do need work on my FMQing. Have to make and put on the binding tomorrow and make a hanger for it too. 


1 comment:

Minnie said...

You are a quilting expert, everything is gorgeous.