Monday, December 29, 2014

GIMQ Check in and others

Clue 5 came out Friday and I was able to get it done in a few hours so I had time to play in the quilt room. I also finished the band I was working on my cross stitch sample Pot 4 Dickie. 
Here is clue 5 before I put it away with the other finished clues. These colors are really growing on me and it will be interesting to see how they all come together in a 88" by 88" quilt. 


 Here is P4D and the band I finished. You can see I already started the next band. The next two bands are pretty narrow and shouldn't take to long. I work on my cross stitch when I am not in the quilt room. I have found a good way to prop up my stitching frame and it is making stitching fun again. 
Below are a few things I was playing with in ht e quilt room. I a always surprised by how much I am enjoying this sewing stuff. 


The start of a Winter Table Topper I was playing with.

4 Disappearing Hourglass blocks take 2, only 14 more to go.

Mug Rugs for my brother and Karen.






4 comments:

Feathers in my Nest said...

Gorgeous Blackwork..or is it called Black Redwork?..everything looks great

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous! 88" x 88" sounds HUGE! I'm sure it will be wonderful when it is finished and I really can't wait to see you start putting it together.

Jan said...

I really like the hour glass blocks! Can't wait to see more of those.

TLC said...

Your P4D is stunning! Great job on GIMQ. Can't wait to see what all 88 inches squared look like.